UIN Global Film Festival
The UIN Global Film Festival is associated with UIN TV (Urban Information Network LLC , the longest operating Internet TV network in the U.S.) with affiliates in major cities across North America, including affiliate partnerships in Africa.
As the first humans to inhabit the world placing footprints on every continent across the globe, our Mission as a Company will be to preserve the culture of the African Diaspora, celebrating our regal legacy and showcase the humanity of Black people around the world.
Urban Information Network Global Film Festival
The UIN Global Film Festival has taken place on line for the past six years, and will now be known as The Urban Information Network Global Film Festival. This expanded festival will take place online February 1 through February 29, 2024
The UIN Global Film Festival will feature films for viewing, with a focus on history, culture of the Black experience worldwide. We will display the creativity, genius, beauty, and diversity of a Global Africa as these stories must be told.
UIN was founded to provide a platform that is owned and operated by Black people. The UIN Global Film Festival will accept submissions of feature-length films in the following categories: Fiction, Documentary, Drama, Experimental.
***Film Submissions must be minimum of 60 minutes (1 hour) in length excluding rolling credits.***
THE UIN GLOBAL FILM FESTIVAL has three categories for feature films and documentaries:
* BEST HISTORICAL DRAMA
* BEST DOCUMENTARY
Urban Information Network Global Film Festival will award participants in the following categories:
(Priority given to films that premiered at THE URBAN INFORMATION NETWORK GLOBAL FILM FESTIVAL.)
*Audience Choice Awards*
Unless otherwise agreed by the Festival in writing, awards will be given to the winning film director (as identified in the Film Information Form) on behalf of the film.
Awards for Best Screenplay, Best Directing, Best Actor, Best Actress, and Best Editing will be given directly to the respective people and will be fulfilled approximately 12-30 weeks after the closing date of the THE UIN GLOBAL FILM FESTIVAL .
Award eligibility is subject to any restrictions or conditions imposed by applicable laws and regulations (international, federal, state or otherwise), and the award recipient is responsible for all applicable taxes, customs, tariffs, insurance and similar charges or costs (if any).
THE UIN GLOBAL FILM FESTIVAL is focused on supporting films with distribution opportunities on our UIN TV platform. Award-winning films in our presented categories qualify for consideration with our distribution partners and Affiliates globally.
Rules & Terms
To be considered for selection, kindly read the following rules thoroughly before submitting. Flouting any of the Eligibility Rules & Terms below may lead to a disqualification of your work. Please read before submitting:
* THE UIN GLOBAL FILM FESTIVAL accepts films in the following forms: Features, shorts and episodic series.
* Feature-length, ( 60 minutes not including rolling credits) films, documentaries and animation.
* Submittals must not be available online in any form, for any period of time at the time of submission.
* All films must be in English, subtitled in English or English versioned. Non-English language works must have English subtitles at the time submitted. Dialogue lists will not be accepted. Films that do not comply will be immediately disqualified.
* All films submitted must have been completed after January 2023. Any film created before the year 2023 will not be accepted.
* It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to secure clearance from all copyright holders of materials included in the submitted film. THE UIN GLOBAL FILM FESTIVAL will not be held responsible for the unauthorized inclusion of copyrighted materials within or relating to the submitted film. THE UIN GLOBAL FILM FESTIVAL reserves the right to disqualify any film with unauthorized copyrighted materials.
* You will be required to provide a properly completed and signed official THE UIN GLOBAL FILM FESTIVAL “Film Information Form” which will be provided by the Festival upon selection.
Submissions to the Festival are divided into three categories:
* Documentary: A non-fiction film of any length about real events and people, often transcending traditional narrative structures. Documentary is the creative treatment of reality.
* Feature length: action, drama, historical drama, biopics and thrillers
* Feature length animation, children and adult
* THE UIN GLOBAL FILM FESTIVAL uses the following definitions:
Feature-Length: 60 minutes or longer excluding rolling credits
* All THE UIN GLOBAL FILM FESTIVAL screening programs are curated and all submissions will be considered by our programming team.
Applicants will be notified of programming decisions via email by January 21, 2024
Final programming, categorization and slotting of films will be determined by the Festival programming team. Their decision is final.
*THE UIN GLOBAL FILM FESTIVAL is under no obligation to provide comments or feedback regarding the submitted film to the applicant or any other representative of the submitted film.
*THE UIN GLOBAL FILM FESTIVAL reserves the right to determine which award category and program the film will reside in if selected.
Submit Your Film
If you have a film that you would like to be considered for the UIN Global Film Festival, use the form below to register. Afterwards, you will receive instructions on how to submit your film. * Submission fees are non-refundable.